Adjacent to the bridge is the World War II Veterans Memorial Marker installed during the 50th anniversary of the Liberation of Negros.
Test venues for all test locations will be announced two weeks before each test date.
A 1930-BUILT OLD MUNICIPAL BUILDING (Escalante City) now turned into a City Museum.
It is presently the official seat of the Provincial Government of Negros Occidental. SAN ANTONIO ABAD CHURCH (Bacolod City) is a crown-shaped church featuring the Stations of the Cross done by Bacolod’s top artists. “The Risen Christ” by national artist, Solomon Saprid.
SAN DIEGO PRO-CATHEDRAL (Silay City) is one of the most beautiful modern-day churches in the country and the only Pro-Cathedral outside Manila. Silverio Eusebio in the late 1960’s, it features the life-sized religious statues depicting th 14 Stations of the Cross and the miraculous statue of Our Lady of Lourdes. JOHN THE BAPTIST CATHOLIC CHURCH (Bago City) is one of the century’s old edifices found in Negros Occidental using a Mexican architecture.
It showcases the significance of the area’s history and people’s valor. It was in Sitio Guintabuan where expeditionary fighters from Iloilo met with the local forces to engage the American soldiers. ANCESTRAL HOUSE OF DON EUSEBIO URIARTE Y HERMANOS (La Carlota City) is 42 kms.
from Bacolod City where the Circulo de Agriculture, a planters organization formed to undertake an anti-locust campaign. from Bacolod City is the first house in the city to be opened to visitors.
BACOLOD PLAZA BANDSTAND (Bacolod City) was constructed in 1927 to complement the cultural activities of the early Bacoleños on weekends.
Name of world-famous composers like Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, and Wagner are emblazoned at the top, a proof of the early Negrenses’ familiarity with European culture.
It is the only church in Negros that depicts Filipino liturgical arts.
CITY IMMACULATE CONCEPCION (Escalante City) was originally intended as a Lady of Lourdes Shrine in 1967, a half-hectare area in a peaceful barangay near the Poblacion known as “Holy City.” It has native cottages to provide accommodation for retreats and similar religious activities.
BALAY NI TAN JUAN (Bago City) was built towards the end of the 19th century. It was declared as a National Historical Landmark in 1978.